The Hill of Crosses, the site of a Marian apparition in Šiluva, the original Image of Divine Mercy – these and other world-famous sites in Lithuania attract numerous pilgrims and travellers from across the globe. Those seeking meaningful, spiritually enriching cultural and historical experiences will discover more than a thousand churches, monasteries, authentic religious traditions and a unique, UNESCO-listed practice of cross crafting. Find your way to these sites of spiritual experience in Lithuania:
- The Hill of Crosses, a unique symbol of freedom, faith, and hope;
- Šiluva, one of the first sites of the apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Europe;
- The miraculous original Image of Divine Mercy, venerated at the Shrine of Divine Mercy in Vilnius;
- The Image of Mother of God in the Trakai Basilica, coronated by the Pope and famous for its graces;
- Centuries-old monasteries, still in use and open to visitors;
- The routes tracing John Paul II's visit to Lithuania and covering many of the country's undiscovered sacred sites.
Select a topic of interest